Thursday, October 18, 2007

My experiences on asthmatic baby

Hi!
I am the self proclaim asthma expert mom.

1. Any side effects of Ventolin or Zyrtec?

Nope. Ventolin does make kids jittery bcos it has caffeine like effect. It will make the child have cold sweats cos it not only open up the airways, it makes the child sweaty too.

2. it could be that he's allergic to the formula and that brought on a reaction.

Definitely yes. Please note that if your child has this sudden reaction, you must be extra careful in future. It does sound like a nasty reaction so please seek more opinions. And please make sure your relatives who handle your child is aware of the danger of allergic reactions. Watch out for mucousy stools too.

3. Paed advised to delay intro of formula for as long as possible;

No reason why you must intro formula unless you do not have milk. Do not give your child anymore. Maybe if really no choice, try a formula that is not dairy based. Ask your doctor.

4. Sounds like a stupid question, how can I tell if pneumonia has set it???

Your child will be very ill then. So, don't worry, if your child is well, then, it is not pneumonia.

5. Do air-purifiers/humdifiers help?

Not really but you can try.


Hehehe, don't mean to sound like I know everything but I have been there done that. All the docs told me my son is allergic to everything but when I finally sent him for tests, he is only allergic to dustmites.

No comments: